The Assistant Store Manager will partner with the Store Manager/Director to effectively lead, develop and support the assigned team members of a Tiffany store to meet and/or exceed sales plans and profitability targets. He/She will be responsible in partnership with the Store Manager/Director to onboard, train, schedule the team and provide feedback to the staff to ensure the team meets and/or exceed the expectations of their role. The Assistant Store Manager is a team leader, an individual that builds a climate of unsurpassed customer service and client development by maximizing the performance of motivated, innovative, enthusiastic and engaged employees who are sales plan achievers. He/She assists to manage an efficient back of house and is a collaborative assistant sales manager who models and champions the Tiffany Cultural Values.
Achieve/Exceed Store Sales Plan
- Understand and execute on pre-determined Annual Net Sales plan by managing a group of assigned team members
- Monitor competitor activity and performance
Build Client Portfolio
- Ensure growth of assigned team members’ client portfolio
- Coach and monitor team cultivation practices to achieve high client repeat rate
- Improve store data capture rate with a focus on the quality of information gathered and ensure consistency of personalized SP outreach
- Cultivate customers with personalized interactions.
- Support events in partnership with PR
Building a High Performance Team
- Drive performance through effective communication at Sales Professional (SP) level to motivate and engage team
- Understand team development plans and support accordingly
- Address and action performance management issues of assigned team in timely manner through consistent feedback
- Ensure coaching follow-up after training is completed
- Partner the Store Manager/Director to maintain employee engagement through reinforcement, appreciation and employee recognition
Customer Satisfaction/In-Store Experience
- Execute retail excellence standards
- Ensure highest level of luxury in-store experience at all times
- Master the Power of Blue selling ceremony, including Tiffany Touch and deliver service excellence
- Share client feedback received on Voice of Customer (VOC) Survey to improve customer service
- Embody and inspire the highest luxury standards in presentation and behavior
- Manage customer issues/complaints.
- Reinforce together with the Store Manager/Director on store operations, health and safety, maintenance and store environment in order to comply with all internal control procedures
- Monitor and consolidate out of stocks and merchandizing needs as required by the Store Manager/Director
- Minimum of 2-3 years of management experience in retail or luxury retail or relevant customer related experience (e.g., hospitality).
- Experience in sales generation and managing the achievement of sales results.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to develop new opportunities and maintain client relationships while ensuring brand recognition and penetration in market.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Power Point, Client tracking systems and Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (i.e., on the sales floor, operations, etc.).
- A Diploma or University degree.
- Graduate gemologist degree or previous Gemological Institute of America (GIA) course work is preferred
- Proficiency in local languages and English preferred.