Account Manager, OEM and Commercial Supply - South West - Biosciences
About the Job
Location Office-based in Paris Area (France), Merelbeke (Belgium), or Madrid (Spain) Availability to travel up to 20%
Division Biosciences Division
How will you make an impact?
The Biosciences Division is focused in extending the company’s reach, through extensive technology and product portfolio outside the core R&D markets. Its aim is to establish high level relationships with a range of companies in the diagnostics and applied markets (Pharmaceutical and Biotech) through offering our products and capabilities for their use in their products and services.
The Account Manager Biosciences will have ultimate responsibility for driving growth of the OEM business through acquisition of new customers and expansion of business with existing customers, in line with the growth expectations established through annual operating planning and strategic planning. This will include representation of all relevant product categories within Biosciences, including molecular-, protein- and cell biology, for commercial use applications.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute a territory plan for OEM and commercial supply for accounts in designated territory, that aligns to the business unit’s strategies as well as local markets focus areas.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities within geographical territory to supply the Biosciences divisions products and capabilities to other companies for use by them on a commercial basis and/or license the Company’s intellectual property to third parties.
- Develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g. R&D, production, procurement, marketing, QA/QC, regulatory affairs, technical operations etc.) and at multiple levels (e.g. scientist, project manager and procurement) as may be necessary.
- Manage relationships, agreements, forecasting, and pipeline activities for a certain set of accounts within the geographical territory.
- Align, assist and on occasions coordinate cross-functional teams to execute on prioritized business opportunities that includes sales, manufacturing, legal, licensing, marketing, R&D, etc in EMEA and the US. Organize effective customer visits by colleagues who are experts in technologies and project execution from global production and R&D sites.
- Collaborate with senior field based colleagues as well as business unit partners to develop business/partnership frameworks for long term mutually beneficial customer partnerships. Make informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop financial terms for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable.
- Assist and on occasions negotiate business terms and conditions of commercial supply agreements. Pricing of customized products in long term and complex contracts to achieve both profitability goals and customer satisfaction.
- High level understanding and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients and possibly the company’s in-licensing team.
- Coordinate technical support to fulfill client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely manner, investigating product issues and ensuring satisfactory resolution of customer complaints
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in any life science field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required relevant commercial experience of minimum 3 years, including identification, validation and execution of strategic business opportunities and market research.
- Solid knowledge of Molecular-, Protein- and Cell Biology, and ideally of Biosciences product offering within this space.
- Ability to work well in an international team and matrix environment.
- Demonstrated high level proficiency with computer applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent communication in English and local where strong writing, articulating and listening skills in both English and local languages are required.
- Team player, resilient, determined